13 January 2014

BOURJOIS HAPPY LIGHT FOUNDATION || REVIEW

Bourjois Paris Happy Light foundation - Shade 50 porcelain

 

My skin has been quite dry during these cold winter months therefore I felt that I ought to use a more hydrating and lighter foundation compared with my usual mattifying ones. I always adore the Bourjois beauty range and i really enjoyed using my Bourjois healthy mix serum foundation therefore i chose to try out this happy light foundation. I think now that i am getting a little bit older, my skin is less oily and a bit dehydrated at times so i knew that this one is great for providing me with the extra moisture and injecting radiance back into it. This product has a light floral scent which is quite refreshing and not too overpowering. It blends out very easily and it is definitely very lightweight and applies seamlessly. I prefer to use my fingers as i find that sometimes using a foundation brush would cause streaking and i may end up applying much more foundation that needed.


This foundation offers a light to medium coverage but i find that it can be easily built up if more coverage is what you need. It doesn't look cakey and it does give you that healthy glow to make you look fresh and awake. Longevity wise, it lasts quite well on my skin without primer and without setting although a bit of shine does appear on my nose and forehead after a few hours due to my natural oily complexion. However, when i choose to use a mattifying primer and set the foundation with powder, it lasts so well throughout the day without me needing to touch up. I work for long shifts, therefore looking oily is the last thing i want and this foundation is great!


I highly recommend this foundation because i really do think that its suitable for all ages and skintype depending on how you apply this. It claims to provides hydration for 8hours and i can agree to that because i didn't have any dry patches when i used this foundation and it doesn't oxidize too like other drugstore foundations tend to do. Lovely foundation and i am so glad i purchased this!


What is your favourite drugstore foundation?
Twitter || Instagram ||  BlogLovin' ~  

13 comments

  1. I love this foundation but the lightest shade is way too dark for me :( I'm looking forward to Spring when I can start using this again! x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always wanted to try one of the bourjois foundations and this one sounds amazing. i really want to get it anytime soon.
    xx

    dornroeeschen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't have this here, but I quite like NYX's eyeliners. <3 I'm not quite a fan with foundations, but this one seems nice! I kinda had a bad first experiences. ;v; It's great that this doesn't oxidize! I might see if I could try it out.

    http://pandagin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was about to buy it last week, but I finally bought another one, next time I need a foundation I think I'll try this one :)

    x
    Geek’s diary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Bourjois Healthy Mix for weekends, this sounds great for daytime! Definitely going to try this next time I'm in Boots!

    Stevie | Stevie Hearts Makeup
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. great review, always good to find a cheap and cheerful foundation option that actually delivers! bourjois seems to be doing such a good job with all their base products, i loveee their healthy mix concealer :)

    rachel x
    blush&brunch

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic reveiw i definatly need to invest in this next time im in boots
    beth-stocker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome Post

    http://healthblushon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you like Bourjois foundations, it might be worth trying their Flower Perfection one, that's quite nice too!
    Bea x
    Bea's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the Bourjois Happy Light concealer so really want to try this foundation :) Just found your blog & love it - following on bloglovin now :) x

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete
  11. i tried the health mix serum and though it was ok. and people started talking about this one but reviews have been sort of mixed. its sometimes difficult to get all the bourjois line here in canada. im not sure they carry this one yet.
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and i will get back to you as soon as i can :)

© + YingcBeauty +. Design by Fearne.