4 May 2017

Product fail: L'oreal infallable Total Cover foundation



After seeing so many reviews and instagram videos on this foundation, I decided to pick this up and give it a go. I am a huge fan of the Estee Lauder Double wear and have been through a couple of bottles of it so the potential for a cheaper alternative was just too good to ignore. For starters, I admit that I do not need such a high coverage foundation, but I do look for the longevity of a foundation as I work long hours without having the opportunity to touch up. 

I like how the tube is so sleek in packaging and perfect for travelling with. This has a mousse texture and dries down very quickly so you need to blend instantly after applying. I have tried using my fingers, beauty blender and a foundation brush and I feel that the best way of applying this is with a damp beauty blender. I feel that this clings onto my dry patches unfortunately but although the overall coverage is amazing and the finish is matte, it really does seems pretty lightweight on the face. I did not use any setting powder on top the first time I used it as it didn't seem like I needed to due to the matte finish, but I was so wrong after a few hours and it started to break down on my face and I was horrified as it was so difficult to retouch after a few hours.

So I decided to try next day with a setting powder and setting spray. I found that throughout my 13 hour shift, I was checking up on my face but I wasn't pleased with what I saw. The makeup was cakey and started to patch on certain areas of my face. When I tried to re-apply powder on top to get rid of the shine and even it out, it just made it look far worse. I had high hopes of this foundation and I really adored the initial flawless finish that it gave, but maybe it wasn't suitable for my skintype. I have now gravitated back to my double wear for the time being until I can find a better alternative.

What is your holy grail foundation? 

♥ Love Ying x

Follow

3 comments

  1. I didn't like this foundation either, we had such a similar (almost identical) experience with this one. I have long hour days and don't touch up my makeup and found this to feel cakey and sit strangely on my skin, definitely clung to dry areas too. Great review, sorry it didn't work for you either. I had high hopes for this one. My favourite foundation is probably the L'Oreal True Match. It's beautiful and perfect for every day xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds awful... foundations are so hit and miss, it's a pain. I use MaxFactor Facefinity which I do really like but to be honest it's one of the only drugstore foundations with a shade light enough for me so I don't have much choice x
    Freya’s Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  3. great review! i use bb cream more thn foundations as it stays on my face for a long time without getting cakey and patchy.

    Mellie,
    http://themelliediaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and i will get back to you as soon as i can :)

© + YingcBeauty +. Design by Fearne.