14 July 2012

~ Liz Earle Deep Cleansing Mask REVIEW ~

As part of the Liz Earle skincare try-me-kit, the deep cleansing mask was what i looked forward to the most because i thought that it would benefit my skin removing deep impurities and balancing my oils like it said in it's description. The product itself states that it contained many 'naturally active ingredients' which was clearly shown on its packaging emphasising the pureness of their product. The set also came with two sponges for you to clean and wipe away the mask when it was time to rinse the product off which i thought was a great idea and very convenient.
So when it got to me using it i was actually quite disappointed with it. I squeezed out the product and realised that the formulation was very runny, not like other masks that i have. The thin consistency meant that it was difficult to apply and it took longer than anticipated to apply evenly onto my face. The product's scent was very strong and overpowering too which i didn't like seeing that i was expecting a gentle natural product. The worst thing about this product was how it felt on my skin. After i have applied it, within a few minutes my skin felt it was like burning and had a stinging feeling. I knew that my skin had always been sensitive and maybe the burning sensation was just the product working deep down into my skin, but it was so uncomfortable that after around 5 minutes i washed it off. My skin felt alot tighter and firmer, but i did not notice anything different about it appearance wise. The product claims to leave skin looking calm and clear, but instead i was left a little tender and red for the following hours. The next day, i realised i broke out with a few blemishes and i am sure that it was this product which caused it because i hadn't changed any of my skincare products except for trying this out.

I did not enjoy using this product and i am glad that i got to try out the travel sized product first because i know for a fact that i would not be purchasing this ever. Maybe it was just my skin type that was unsuitable for it and it may work wonderfully for you. If you have experienced this mask, please let me know what you thought of it as i am interested to know.

What is your favourite facial mask?

8 comments

  1. oh not too bad it didn't work out for your! i use facial masks really seldom because i get break outs very easily. which one would you suggest? i heard good things about a mask from lush... but i'm not sure:)

    enjoy the weekend!

    lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had very high expectation with liz earle but i think they have only good cleaners in their range anyway very nice blog im following you follow back please
    ♥ SadeeStyle ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh noooo. I had it when products make you break out. I have very sensitive skin too so I have to be very careful with that I put on my skin. I have been using several variety of My Beauty Diaries masks and that worked well for me.

    Liz
    chewylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I love the Chocolate Masque but I dont know what brand it is :) Its deslish!!
    Following you
    http://samaysonsspace.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, that's too bad that the mask didn't work for you and caused your skin to react negatively. Lucky that you only got the travel size so you didn't find out the hard way if you bought a full sized product!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the honest review. I agree when the consistency is running its really hard to get it on smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I love your blog and I've nominated it for the Liebster Award. You can read about it in my post here: http://onewaybeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/the-liebster-blog-award.html :)

    Emily x
    http://onewaybeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just started following your blog & I adore it.
    This year i am trying to make my dreams come true.

    follow back please & thank you!
    <3 :)
    xo
    kristin

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and i will get back to you as soon as i can :)

© + YingcBeauty +. Design by Fearne.