12 May 2016

Brand Focus: NYX Cosmetics

NYX was a brand which I have been lusting over for quite some time as it was difficult to get hold of in the UK. However, I am now so happy they Selfridges and larger boots store now have these in stock! I managed to pick up a handful of product to try out and so far I have been impressed by them.


Soft Matte lip creams: London/Athens
I have totally been in the whole matte liquid lipstick craze so I dived in and picked up a couple of these nude shades to try out. London is a more brown towned shade which compliments my skintone very well, whereas athens is a more warmer toned nude which helps brighten up my skintone when I wear it. These lip creams I just cannot stop raving about. Not only are they a dream to apply and smells amazing, but they are so long lasting on the lips and comfortable to wear. 


Wonder Lip Pencil
Usually when I do a bold lip, I use my concealer to sharpen up the edges and make everything neater so I thought that this lip pencil is able to replace the effort with using a brush. The pencil is very creamy and very easy to use but as you can see on the swatch, it is a bit of a darker shade compared with my complexion therefore there needs to be some blending involved otherwise it would look very strange. I do like the idea of this but maybe the colour needs to be altered to suit different skintones.

NYX foundation stick
The sound of a stick foundation makes me think of quick and easy on the go application. This product is very smooth in texture and glides onto the skin. Although the stick design makes it easy to apply onto the skin, I found that the formula is quite drying and I have to use my beauty blender. The coverage is minimal and I had to go over certain areas with my concealer which is a dissapointment. the longevity of this was dissapointing too as it only lasted a couple hours before I needed to powder and I can see gathering around my nose area despite setting with a powder.


Taupe blush
I have heard many raves about this shade used for contouring due to the fact that it is cooler toned compared with the usual bronzers. The product is very pigmented and I do find that it is easy to use and applies onto the skin evenly. The shade is perfect for contouring and the packaging is so compact so it is perfect if you are always on the go like me. There is a bit of fall out but nothing major and I just cannot fault it too much considering the price this was.

Brushes

Overall, I am impressed with the quality of these brushes and I find myself gravitating towards these more compared with my other ones which I use to use on a daily basis. My favourite is the powder brush as it is nice and soft for all over finishing powders and blending out my makeup. The duo fibre brush I tend to use for blusher/highlight as its the perfect size and doesn't pick up too much product and I can easily build up product.

Have you tried out any NYX products yet?

11 comments

  1. I really need to try more from NYX, so many amazing products!

    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The taupe blush!! We have seen and heard all the hype too. We've been meaning to test it out for ourselves. You'd think it is too grey, but from the pics we've seen, it looks amazing on.


    M + K
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to try out NYX for so long now! So many people have said good things about their products!

    Emma | EMMAMATTHEWS.CO.UK

    ReplyDelete
  4. The taupe blush looks so perfect for contouring!!

    Jennylovesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the blushes and the soft mattes! One thing I haven't tried from NYX is their brushes - I will have to check them out :) xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yaaaaaass. I have a new found love for NYX. I'm wearing London right now. I risked getting a parking ticket yesterday so that I could go buy some NYX. It's new to our boots so I'm pretty obsessed!

    Katie | Words By Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. That contour shade looks amazing, definitely going to have to try it, it looks like the perfect cool tone!!

    I love the matte lip creams too, they're amazing, I want some more shades though!

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the wonder pencil! I need to try their blushes and brushes next!
    xx
    Nida | Caked To The Nines

    ReplyDelete
  9. love nyx!! and the lip shades look gorgeous (:

    Life in Pastel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love the look of some of these.. that lip pencil is gorgeous! I think your blog is lovely also, let me know if you want to follow each other! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. An NYX stand has just opened nearby and I picked up a few bits the other day! I really love their liquid lipsticks : ) xx

    Lorna | Girl in Albion

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and i will get back to you as soon as i can :)

© + YingcBeauty +. Design by Fearne.