21 April 2016

MY 13 HOUR SHIFT ESSENTIALS

Working as a nurse means that it is vital for me to find products that are long lasting throughout my tedious and somewhat draining shift without having to touch up. I find that these products have worked well for me and helped me look half decent after the long shift. 

Estee Lauder double wear foundation is definitley every girls best friend if you want that flawless face that keeps shine at bay throughout the whole day. This foundation is good for those who has a tendency to look a little bid shiny during the day and althought it is a high coverage matte finish, I find that using a beauty blender helps give that semi-dewy glow. As always, the downside to this foundation is that it doesn't have a pump and it does get a bit messy. This foundation has not dissapointed me so far and lasts me throughout every shift with no touch ups required.

Rimmel Lasting finish concealer is the most pigmented/solid concealer that I have tried. Although this product is very heavy and quite difficult to blend out, I have learned that a little goes a long way and also to ward up the product before applying onto blemishes and especially under the eye area. This is very inexpensive and it works so well at covering those dark circles and staying put throughout the day. A lovely little pot that is perfect for on the go.

Urban Decay de-slick makeup setting spray has been my staple for many years and I am guilty of going through several bottles of this since I've discovered it. I have tried the MAC Fix+ which unfortunatley did not work well for me as it doesn't make up makeup longer lasting or mattifying. My combination-oily skin can only be controlled using this and it really does make a big differenct to the longevity of my makeup. Although it is a bit on the pricier side, I do believe that it is worth every single penny and one bottle does last a long time.

The Travalo has changed my life since I've discovered it. I have waved goodbye to the days when I use to carry around my large perfume bottles or hoard the miniatures that I got. This conveniant little tube makes my life a whole lot easier and I can top up my perfume almost anywhere. It also means that I can mix up some perfumes too which works quite well sometimes as sometimes a combination of a couple of perfumes smells great and unique.

Benefit Cha Cha Tint has given my lips that hint of colour that makes me look much more awake despite probably feeling drained. The benefit of this product is that it dries very quickly and does exactly what you want it to do. I own posie tint aswell but I find that it is a bit too red for my work attire so this Cha Cha tint is perfect.

Rimmel lasting finish primer is a budget primer which I find works very well at keeping my makeup looking up to standards even with the busy and tedious shifts I encounter. I do find that when I skip this primer step, my skin is lacking thoughout the day so I am sure that I owe it to this primer. The primer is a cream consistency so I actually helps hydrate any dry patches that I may have as opposed to more silicone primers which can highlight them.

What are your secrets for long lasting makeup?
 
♥ Love Ying x

Follow


16 comments

  1. I love the idea of the travelo. I'm going to have to pick up one myself. Thanks for sharing!

    xx Angie | http://www.thefashionfuse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Urban decay sure knows how to do awesome setting sprays.


    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Travalo does sound really convenient! I am always looking for tiny perfume bottles to carry around, so this is perfect. Thanks for sharing, great products.

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Estee Lauder Double Wear and the UD Setting Spray. xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The setting spray is like the best thing ever! I love it. <3

    S .x http://ramblingsofayoungprgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the UD setting spray, its amazing isn't it? I agree worth every penny! xx

    Miss Sunshine & Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am such a big fan of the Rimmel Lasting Finish concealer, it's such a great budget buy xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea for a post! Love the sound of the setting spray!

    www.ohjanuary.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have always heard great things about the double wear foundation!
    Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mums a nurse and I know how hard you guys work, thanks for being awesome haha!
    Also I've just gotten samples to finally try the doublewear foundation so I'm excited to give that a try. The urban decay setting spray is amaze, I had my makeup done by urban decay and that spray kept my face immaculate!
    Tenz
    www.shesabouthatlife.com
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. absolutely love the UD setting spray, i've almost finished my current bottle so i'm definitely going to go pick up a new one!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have such great picks. I'm a big fan of Estee Lauder Double Wear!

    I write Mademoiselle Meets Maquillage and Macaroons and I would love for you to give it a read, maybe we can follow each other on Bloglovin?

    www.mademoisellemeetsmaquillageandmacaroons.com

    Deepti xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That benefit cheek tint looks stunning!

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Double Wear is just the foundation I can always trust to last :) I love the Urban Decay setting spray too, especially for summer

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I feel you, I've worked 12 hour days and often have been out of the house for a total of 14-16 hours a day so I NEED my face to stay basic and stay on! I really do want to try out the foundation and concealers from rimmel, it's too bad they stop selling in singapore some years back.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and i will get back to you as soon as i can :)

© + YingcBeauty +. Design by Fearne.