9 January 2014

MY 2014 BEAUTY RESOLUTIONS

Happy new year everybody! Sorry that this post is a little bit delayed due to me stressing over uni things and preparing for the start of term. Anyway, i hope all you guys had a well deserved break and slowly easing back into the normal days now! The year 2013 has been an up and down year for me in general, but i want to promise myself to make 2014 a much better year, Become more organized with things and work much more harder than my previous years. Theres so many resolutions I can think of with regards to general life, but as this is a beauty blog, im going to list 5 things i want to try and stick to.


1. USE UP SOME PRODUCTS BEFORE BUYING

I have hoards of products stashed up and i think that instead of clogging up my drawers with these items, i should try and use them up to free some new space in order to buy and try new products! I guess that there are many other girlies out there who has the same problem as me!


2. WASH MY MAKEUP BRUSHES REGULARLY

I must admit, i do get lazy when it comes to washing my make-up brushes and it doesn't look that great when it is in my pot all orange looking and i know that all kinds of dust and bacteria is growing on those damp soggy bristles when unwashed.

 

3. LEARN TO SPEND MORE ON SKINCARE & LESS ON MAKEUP

Personally, i think that it is a good idea to be spending more money on skincare products rather than make-up products because i think that having good skin is very important. Drugstores do have some good value skincare products, but i find that the higher end ones are much more richer and concentrated therefore do it's job alot better in my opinion. Make-up products, there are numerous Dupes of them on the high streets which gives a similar finish, therefore i find that it's not essential to fork out alot of money just for a highend brand sometimes.

 

4. EXPERIMENT MORE WITH COLOUR 

I have been sticking to safe colours such as earth tones and purples, but this year i would like to try out more vibrant colours to create much more make-up looks to expand my creativity and share with your guys. I need to perfect on my blending skills and maybe practice on my cut-crease eye make-up techniques.

 

5. WEAR LESS MAKE-UP

This year, i want to try and minimize the amount of make-up i wear. Last year i managed to decrease on the amount of eyeliner i wear and focus on my eyelashes with a good mascara, but i really want to try and use less foundation this year and give my skin a break. Some girls just use concealer with a light dusting of powder which i do want to try sometime for myself when my skin is behaving itself and looking half decent.

 

So these are my beauty resolutions that i hope to stick to for this year. 
What are some of your new years beauty resolutions or goals?
Twitter || Instagram ||  BlogLovin' ~  

6 comments

  1. The first three are goals for me too!! haha I was nodding my head thinking YES I'M NOT ALONE! XD
    Some great targets! I really want to save more money and appreciate the amount of makeup I have, it's so easy to get in a 'spending' rut just buying new beauties left right and centre!
    Iqra |The Blushing Giraffe
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to experiment with colour more, too! It's so easy to stick with neutrals so I'm really pushing myself to buy different colours! Especially for my eyes :)
    xxElise - www.elisedopson.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHA, first one especially. I keep thinking, oh my god products I HAVE TO BUY IT OR ELSE I WON'T BE ABLE TO.
    And then I end up having a cabinet full of this I haven't even opened or touched. 8'D
    Sighs, gotta control!

    http://pandagin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first one sounds exactly like me. I currently have a massive stash of body butters and body lotions, probably enough to last me all year. I'm trying my best to stop buying and start using first!

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are great resolutions. i have so many color products but do i use them...no. LOL. im trying harding to think of more interesting color combinations than just browns and golds.
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep I need to do all of these things too!

    Love your blog babe, just followed on bloglovin :)

    MyLushBox | YouTube
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and i will get back to you as soon as i can :)

© + YingcBeauty +. Design by Fearne.