9 April 2013

Product Fail || Models Own: Jade Stone

This is such a gorgeous nail polish colour. I love pastel colours and my favourite colour is green, therefore mint green colours always win my heart over. This colour caught my eyes on the shelves because it looks so perfect and definitely a colour that i would enjoy wearing! However, if you guys have been reading my blog for long enough, you should know that i dislike Models own formulations and i have an issue with their strong paint smell that it gives off everytime i use it, therefore i took a risk when i purchased this bottle.

The colour is really pretty indeed, but the formulation is very thick and gloopy making it very difficult to apply nicely. I used two layers to get an acceptable opaque layer as it was very streaky and hard to get a smooth finish all over. The nail polish took absolutely ages to dry and i am so annoyed with it because i really liked the colour of it. So, when it had finally dried, i have noticed that it had a lot of bubbles and the polish looked a bit bumpy which i wasn't happy about at all. I have had the nail polish on for several days and even without a topcoat, it hasn't chipped yet which is a positive point about this nail polish. I don't even know why Model's own polishes are so popular~? I admit that their shade range is pretty amazing and they always have the latest trends available, but the formulations are just awful. I'm never going to purchase another bottle no matter how pretty it may look in the bottle! Disappointing product.

Have you tried and Models own nail polishes?
Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || BlogLovin' ~

14 comments

  1. I have Jade Stone and absolutely love it!
    I think the Models Own formula is really hit and miss though, because I have a few that are really hard to work with, and it's really annoying!
    Shame you got a dodgy one as it's such a pretty colour.

    Jesss xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwws, im gutted that my one might have been a rubbish one~ I am constantly on the lookout for more pastel greens <3

      X x X x X

      Delete
  2. this mint color is soo pretty! it looks perfect to spring/summer outfits <3 too bad this product disappointed you=( well, there are thousands of other mint colors to try out hihi.
    btw. love your new profile pic!

    lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks~ I thought that it was time i had a new profile pic to welcome the spring ^^~ Yepp i agree, there must be many more pastel greens out there for me to try out!

      X x X x X

      Delete
  3. Such a shame as it's such a pretty colour & perfect for summer :-( I really dislike all their colour polishes but I find their glitter's really good :-) xxx

    http://abambilegsblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am tempted to purchase some of the glittery ones from them, but not too sure about the formulation and i don't want to be waiting ages for them to dry haha!

      X x X x X

      Delete
  4. The colour is gorgeous! But it's such a shame that the formulation is terrible.
    My favourite colour is green as well :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I noticed this brand is quite popular as well but that's a first hearing how bad the formulation is. Such a shame cause it's a gorgeous shade of green :)

    http://lacy-rose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous colour, I don't own any of these polishes!

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colour is beautiful and just what I like but I hate it when they take ages to dry, I usually smudge them in the meantime and then have to start all over again. I only own Models own sparkly nail polishes which are amazing and haven't had a problem with them :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm loving the summery shade ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a shame about the formulation, the colour is absolutely gorgeous! :)

    Hayfa
    http://chic-and-cliche.blogspot.com/
    http://twitter.com/HayfaMk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colour, so pretty/perfect for spring x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a cute colour!
    I've never really tried Model's Own nail varnish. Maybe it's a good thing I haven't!

    Emily x
    http://embirds.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and i will get back to you as soon as i can :)

© + YingcBeauty +. Design by Fearne.